My name is Nam Mishra; I am the Parent Coordinator here at Folsom Middle School. It is with great honor and humility that I go about the task of serving my community by assisting parents in the education of their children. My role as Parent Coordinator is to work closely with parents and school administration to create a welcoming environment and improve parent involvement here at FMS. I will be working with Principal Larry Mahoney to address parent issues and concerns at the school. One of my main goals is to create a welcoming environment for parents. I also hope to create a place for parents where resources and information are readily available, and where partnerships between home, school and community-based organizations can thrive. I invite you to take an active role in your child’s learning. Family and community engagement has a positive impact on school improvement. We are committed to giving families the tools they need to be full partners in the education of their children. I encourage you to learn about what you can do at the school by getting to know your child’s teacher, getting involved, and joining us at our monthly PTO Meetings.
Your voice and participation as a parent are very important. I will work closely with you to ensure that your concerns are addressed and needs met. Parent involvement is one of the key factors in your child’s success.
My primary objectives for this year are to establish the following:
- To build trusting, welcoming collaborative relationships among administration, teachers, families and community members.
- To recognize, respect and address families’ needs as well as cultural differences.
- To embrace a philosophy of partnership so that power and responsibility are shared.
- To assist parents in knowing how to support their child’s learning.
- To develop and implement effective parent outreach strategies.
- To have a parent academy that will offer workshops that meet parents’ needs and concerns.
I have prepared a parent survey that I am asking you to complete and return to me. I am available to assist parents with issues and concerns related to their children and / or the school. The parent coordinator is located in the front offfice, and I am available to you during school hours.
I can be reached by email or phone or just stop by the school between the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. I’m looking forward to meeting and working with you. If I am unavailable, I will return your call within 24 to 48 hours. Remember, your participation is needed! Let’s build a strong productive partnership.