- Mandatory training for all staff entering incidents in Powerschool, biannually, at start of the school year.
- Record & track data for both victims and offenders
- Enter incidents uniformly district wide
- 1st Training Wednesday, 11/9/2016 from 8am to 4pm at Cordova Lance Center
- 2nd Training Tuesday, 2/17/2017 from 8am to 4pm at ESC
- 3rd Training date TBD
4. Established a protocol for all administrators when investigating bullying incidents and a flowchart describing process for Bullying Interventions to all administrators
5. Student Conduct Code
6. Work with outside agencies
- Hired 2 Master of Social Workers (MSW) to supervise 8 Social Worker Interns from CSU, Sacramento.
Define common bullying definition throughout the District, including the website.
- Created Mission Statement for Character Building & Bullying Prevention.
- Developed Character Development & Bullying Prevention Website
- Designed to assist students, parents, and staff members.
3. Collaborated with Folsom Athletic Association and Rancho Cordova Athletic Association to implement the following:
- Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) training for all middle school coaches
- Character/Ethic contracts for all coaches and players
- Held Cool 2B Kind District Wide Theme Kick Off Week 2016/2017. Activities varied based on school sites.
- Mental Health Training:
3. All K-8th grade teachers and administrators have been trained how to effectively present Second Step Lessons.
- All Principals, Assistant Principals, and District Management attended the Question, Persuade, and Refer Training focusing on mental health and strategies to prevent suicide.
- All mental health clinicians (Psychologists, Counselors, MFTs, MSWs, and Nurses) will attend a 2 full day Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST) during the 2016-17 school year.
- All teachers and administrators will attend a Mental Health Training by December 2016.
4. All certificated & classified staff members will receive training on how to identify, intervene & report bullying biannually
5. Each site has a PBIS
Team of at least four staff members: administrator, teacher & classified employee.
- Every school has created a Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports (PBIS) Team that focuses on school climate and creating an environment conducive to learning. PBIS utilizes research-based strategies to recognize and incentivize good behavior and kindness.
- District Wide:
- Second Step is an evidence based social emotional curriculum designed to improve character development. It has been implemented in all Elementary and Middle School classes. All K-8th grade students will receive a variety of interactive lessons focusing on emotion management, empathy, and problem solving.
- Cool To Be Kind Week is the theme for 2016/2017
2. High Schools:
3. 5th and 10th grade Internet Safety Training.
- All 5th and 10th grade students will receive Internet Safety/Cyberbullying Training
4. "Check In/Intervention Specialist" person at each site.
- Added Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT's) at all secondary schools.
- Added 2 Master Social Workers (MSW) at Elementary sites.