Professional Pathways -with VSP GlobalDiscover your passion and purposeIf you want to work at a global company in your backyard, with opportunities for professional growth and a chance to make a difference at work and in your community, VSP Global might be a great gift for your future.Two pathways: College Bound or Ready to Work
What is the Professional Pathways program?This program is a unique opportunity to launch a career at a recognized and innovative industry leader, where you can grow your skill sand propel yourself toward financial independence for life. there are two program tracks:
What do I have to do to stay on track?Each month during the school year, Cordova High seniors will participate in activities, exercises, and workshops designed to help you navigate a pathway to a career at VSP.Successful completion of coursework, in addition to your participation and engagement in VSP-led activities throughout the school year, will help ensure you are eligible for opportunities upon graduation.What will I experience in the program?Cordova High seniors will receive ongoing and exclusive access to VSP Global professionals and Folsom Lake College staff:
- Seniors who want to attend college while potentially working part-time or full-time
- Seniors who want to work full-time after high school
How do I get a job at VSP Global?You would be a great fit to launch your career at VSP Global if you can meet the following performance expectations:
- Help identify career path options and job skills
- Engaging field trips to VSP Global and Folsom Lake College campuses in Rancho Cordova and Folsom
- “Lunch and learn” sessions with pros
- Opportunity to apply for a grant award and scholarships
Tech+Health+FashionFrom a high tech network of optical labs, to fashion-focused retail brands like Nike, Calvin Klein, and Nautica, YOU can make a difference at VSP Global— with your diploma, working within the next year in Folsom or the Sacramento Region.
- Participate fully in Pathways Program
- Arrive on time, every day of your shift
- Ability to stand all day
- Meet daily production goals
- Have a “can-do” team approach
- Be a team player, respect co-workers, and have fun!
Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, VSP Global has been a worldwide leader in vision care for more than 60 years.
Love Where You Work
- Endless Career Opportunities: more than 6,100 employees in over 23 countries within five different businesses
- Largest Eyecare Provider: insures 1 in 5 people in the US
- Global Customers: offer products in more than 100 countries around the world and growing
- Future-Focused: wearables and disruptive technology through three state-of-the-art innovation centers
- Accessible: Locations close to Sacramento Regional Transit Gold Line
Questions? Talk to the CHS College and Career Center.
- College tuition assistance
- Employee bonuses and fabulous benefits
- Fun, friendly, collaborative and diverse work environment
- Award-winning training and health and wellness programs
Professional Pathways Partners: