Career Technical Education
Califonia Community Colleges offer Career Technical degrees and certificates:
Click here to see a side by side listing of CTE programs at local Community Colleges (current as of February 2018)
Aviation Institute of Maintenance- FAA approved programs
Northern California Construction Training- Train for a career in construction
Universal Technical Institute- Train for a career as an automotive technician
A union apprenticeship is an excellent career choice if you like to work with your hands; are willing to serve an apprenticeship for up to five years, depending on the trade you select; have dexterity, mechanical ability, problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team; want to earn a living wage and good benefits; and want the opportunity to advance in your career.
- Become skilled in a trade, and get paid to do it - "Earn While You Learn!"
- Paid "scholarship" - no or low-cost supervised training
- Full-time employment with career placement built in
- Progressively increasing wage with excellent benefits
- Nationally recognized credential - Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate
- Improved job security and standard of living
- Opportunity for college credit and/or associate degree
- Pride and Dignity
The Northern California Valley Sheet Metal, Heating and Air Conditioning Training Center -Sheet Metal Workers' Apprenticeship Program
Project STRIPE- Over 12 apprenticeships in construction and energy/utility industries.