These are the recommended materials for the courses:8th Grade Math Course 3
Integrated Math 1
- Red Pen
- Pencil (Mechanical are fine, but please have extra lead if you use mechanical pencils)
- Loose Binder Paper (as needed)
- Small Scissors
- One package of 3x5 cards (for making flash cards)
- A composition book (for all math notes and brainstorms, etc.)
- A folder with three brads (for keeping math textbook/homework, etc.) - see image below
- A simple calculator can be really useful in upcoming years and may be used occasionally in class, if you should choose to purchase one. Here's one that I've seen many students use, which will last for several years as it goes well beyond concepts in 8th grade. However, do know that the school provides a set of calculators students can use in class.
- Pencil (if mechanical, get extra lead)
- Red pen
- A composition book
- Two folders with three brads (pictured above) - One for homework, one for classwork.
- Loose-leaf paper (binder paper, as needed)
- Graph paper (the quad style notebook that has tear out paper is fine)
- A small protractor - (second semester)
- A compass - (the kind for drawing circles, used second semester)
- Small scissors
- One package of 3x5 cards for making flashcards throughout the year
The school has a class set of graphing calculators for our room, so a calculator is NOT needed.
NOTE: We recognize that many families wish to provide supplies for their own student or donate materials to the school and are welcome to do so at any time. The supplies listed are suggested materials and are not required of any student or family to fully participate in the school’s academic program. All required materials and supplies will be provided by schools to students at no cost.