- Identify a list of schools you might want to apply to. Visit college websites and take virtual tours
- Review “College Applications at a Glance”
- Review “Letter of Recommendation Packet” (not needed for UC/CSU)
- Do you plan to play college athletics? Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center and ensure that you have met the criteria (Please note: NCAA eligibility may differ from high school graduation criteria)
- Determine which schools you will apply to and the application method. Create accounts as needed:
Specific college application
- Attend virtual College Application Presentation with counselors in mid-September to get answers to most questions.
- Attend virtual College Application Assistance sessions with counseling staff (mid-September through November) for assistance in a small group setting.
- Review your unofficial transcript. You can download your transcript following these instructions.
- Determine if your colleges require SAT/ACT. Many schools have gone to test optional or test blind or not accepted due to the limited availability of testing during the pandemic.
- Common Application opens
- UC Applications open through November 30
- CSU Applications open through November 30
- Community College Applications open
- FAFSA Apply by March 2 for Cal Grants
- Deadline for UC and CSU applications
4-Year College Applications
Decide where you’re going to apply.
Complete/Submit College Applications
Complete the Letter of Rec Packet
(Provide a copy of your packet and email a request for a letter from your teachers and counselor)
Complete the FAFSA online
Apply for scholarships
Wait for Admission Decisions