A Uniform Complaint alleges a violation of federal or state laws governing educational programs, including allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, bullying, and failure to comply with laws relating to pupil fees. (See BP 1312.3 for more information)A Uniform Complaint alleging unlawful discrimination, harrassment, intimidation, or bullying may be filed only by a person who alleges having personally suffered unlawful discrimination, a person who believes that any specific class of individuals has been subjected to unlawful discrimination, or a duly authorized representative who alleges that an individual student has been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying.Uniform Complaints must be filed no later than six (6) months from the date that the alleged unlawful discrimination occurred, or six (6) months from the date that the complainant first obtained knowledge of the facts of the alleged unlawful discrimination.If you wish to submit a Uniform Complaint to the District, please complete and sign the Uniform Complaint Form and submit it to the appropriate Compliance Officer identified below:
Shannon Diaz, Director of Compliance, Human Resources (Employees Investigator)
(916) 294-9000 x 104620Jim Huber, Ed. D, Assistant Superintendent, K-12 Curriculum & Instruction (Students)
email@example.com(916) 294-9000 ext. 104625
Scott Meyer, Director, Behavior of Interventions & Student Services - ADP (Students Investigator)
firstname.lastname@example.org(916) 294-9000 ext. 104625
1965 Birkmont Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
(916) 294-9000Fax: 916-294-9020.Timeline for Processing Uniform Complaint:
If you are unsure whether your complaint is a Uniform Complaint, please file a General Complaint, and the District will determine whether it should be processed as a General Complaint, Complaint Against Employee, Sexual Harassment Complaint, Uniform Complaint, or Williams Complaint. General Complaint procedures/formIf you wish to file a complaint concerning noncompliance with health and safety standards for license-exempt California State preschool Programs, please complete the Preschool Complaint Form Exhibit 1312.3-E(2)Links to Uniform Complaint Forms:FCUSD Board Policy and ProceduresBP 1312.3 Uniform Complaint Procedures
- The investigation will begin within 10 business days after the District receives the Uniform Complaint.
- Within one (1) business day of initiating the investigation, the compliance officer will provide the Complainant with an opportunity to present information and evidence in support of the Complaint.
- Following completion of the investigation, and within 60 calendar days of the District's receipt of the Complaint, the Compliance Officer will send the Complainant a written investigation report.
- Complainant may, within 30 calendar days of receipt of the investigation report, file an appeal in writing with the California Department of Education (CDE).