A Uniform Complaint alleges a violation of federal or state laws governing educational programs, including allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, bullying, and failure to comply with laws relating to pupil fees. All concerns should first be brought to the attention of the direct parties and the appropriate supervisor following the General Complaint Procedure.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, implemented at 34 CFR § 106.31, sub (a), provides that no person shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any academic, extracurricular, research, occupational training, or other education program or activity operated by a recipient which recieves federal financial assistance. Title IX violations shall be reported via the Uniform Complaint Procedure.
If you are unsure if your issue fits this category, a General Complaint is an appropriate starting point and it can be moved to either the Williams or Uniform category as needed.
- Within 5 working days of conclusion of Informal Complaint procedure (discussing the complaint with school site principal), complainant requests Level I form, completes it and files with School Site Principal
- Within 10 working days of receipt of Level I Complaint form,a site/program administrator will:
- Obtain written statements from employee(s) regarding concern
- Issue written statement to complainant and employee(s) of investigation, conclusion, actions taken to resolve
- Advise complainant of appeal process
- Complainant has 5 working days from receipt of decision to submit written appeal to Superintendent/Designee (Level 2)
- Complainant may file written appeal to Board of Education within 5 working days of receipt of District decision (Level3)
- The Complainant may appeal to the Department of Education within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the Board decision
LINKS TO UCP FORMS*:
* Please note that a Level 2 form and process must be completed prior to completing and processing a Level 3 Form.
* Please note that a Level 1 form and process must be completed prior to completing and processing a Level 2 Form.
FCUSD Board Policy