ELECTRONIC DEVICES/TECHNOLOGY: The AP English course includes a firm commitment to the intellectual and ethical use of technology to enhance student learning. Students will use our class set of Chromebooks daily, and so a personal device will not be necessary. We require that all personal devices be put away at all times in the classroom. The care and security of the chromebook you will be issued to use is your responsibility. The following activities are disruptive to learning and disciplinary action will be taken if the following infractions occur:
- Using the Chromebook to engage in any activity that violates district policy or procedures.
- Using a Chromebook or personal device during any exam to cheat or plagiarize.
- Communicating with anyone via text message, email or phone call during class time, unless authorized by the teacher.
- Using the Chromebook at an inappropriate time or for researching or surfing the Internet for anything other than the assigned work.
- Recording or transmitting any audio or video of the actual class without specific teacher permission. This includes pictures.
- Duplicating or storing any material that breaks copyright law.
- Accessing, creating, distributing, or transmitting abusive, slanderous, libelous, discriminatory, or explicit material, including harassing, bullying or threatening another individual in a technological environment.
With the goal of helping students build a positive technological footprint, students will be constructing your own blogs on Edublogs: a site for school use that limits access to teachers and their students. Students will blog and respond to writing prompts on both your personal page and our class page. There will also be a Remind account for each class that allows communication via text message without exchanging phone numbers.