Information & Guidelines for Bus Riding
There is no grace period for school bus passes. Students are expected to have them the first day of school. Our office is opened in July to help you obtain these in advance. Our office is closed the day before school starts for mandatory In Service.Refunds:Refunds will be issued on a case by case basis, primarily due to a move from the district. The request must be made in writing to the Transportation Department. The refund will be prorated, minus a $20.00 processing fee. No Refunds will be issued on Ticket books. No refunds will be made on passes when the student has been suspended from the school bus or school for disciplinary reasons.
Returned Checks:A $20.00 charge will be imposed for checks returned from a bank for insufficient funds. The Transportation Department will contact the parents/guardians for financial settlement. If settlement cannot be made, the student will be denied transportation after proper notification.
Replacement Passes:Mutilated or lost Bus Passes will be replaced upon request with a payment of $5.00 processing fee.Bus Pass Violations:These procedures apply to the start of the school year. All students that wish to ride are required to have a bus pass for the first day of riding.
Procedures for all students who show up at the bus stop without a bus pass/tickets are as follows:
- All Elementary AM riders without a pass will be loaded last, their name will be written on the Rider Without a Pass list and they will be instructed to go to the office for a courtesy pass . They will be denied a ride home unless they have a ticket or courtesy pass. Students are allowed a maximum of 5 courtesy passes each semester.
- PM riders without a pass will be denied transportation.
- PM riders without a pass will be instructed to go the office to phone home and be denied transportation.
- Students that appear on the Rider Without a Pass list for 3 or more times will receive a bus referral.The student will receive appropriate administrative action, which may include discontinuing transportation service to and from school.
- Students continuing to attempt to ride without a pass will be denied transportation.
Bus Discipline Procedures:
The purpose of the disciplinary procedure is to change the behavior of the students by working with the parents.
Parents will be notified by the child's home school of any citations received and action taken.
- 1st Bus Conduct Report: Warning
- 2ndBus Conduct Report: 1 day suspension from all bus service
- 3rd Bus Conduct Report: 5 day suspension from all bus service
- 4th Bus Conduct Report: 10 day suspension from all bus service
- 5th Bus Conduct Report: Termination of riding privileges
Students may be suspended on the first offense for a serious misconduct. Fighting on the bus or any other conduct that
seriously affects the safety of other children on board the bus will bring immediate suspension until parent conference.NO REFUNDS will be given for suspension of riding privileges due to the misconduct of the student.
Walking Distances:The School District does not guarantee access to school bus transportation within the set walk distance enforced by the district.Change of Bus Stop:Students planning to get off the bus anywhere other than their normal bus stop must bring a note from their parent/guardian. All notes must be approved by the site administrator (or designee) and presented to the driver upon boarding the bus. This process is a curtesy and is not to be used to allow a student to use more than one stop. This process may be used four times per school year and will require a new note for each day.New Student Enrollment:If a new student enrolls after the semester has begun and wants bus transportation, the parent/guardian must complete the School Transportation application. Cost will be pro-rated for transportation. The bus driver will be notified that a new student will be riding the bus.