Transitional Kindergarten Registration
Transitional Kindergarten families may enroll directly at their TK school.
The child’s parent/legal guardian must fill out all enrollment forms.
Each of the following items are required in order to complete the registration process:
- Transitional Kindergarten Program Application/Pre-Enrollment Information Sheet - English Version
- Birth Certificate or Passport: Please bring with you to the office. It will be verified and returned to you.
- Immunization Records: Please bring your child’s immunization card into the office for copying. Health Requirements
- Verification of Residency: PG&E, SMUD, Rental/Escrow paperwork only (Other utility bills, checks, driver’s licenses, will not be accepted). This document proves residency and it is vitally important. We are required to make a copy and verify residency each year.
- Custody Papers (if applicable): Please provide us with a court stamped copy.
- Report Health Examination for School Entry
- Oral Health Assessment
Please return all completed forms and supporting documents to the TK school office of your choice.
Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year, state-funded Kindergarten experience for students. Research suggests that children greatly benefit from programs that address school readiness and Transitional Kindergarten will provide this opportunity for our students. Frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding California state law relating to TK and Kindergarten: