2020-2021 Transitional Kindergarten Registration
Families whose children turn 5 between September 2, 2020 and December 2, 2020 may apply for Transitional Kindergarten directly at the school assigned to their home address. We are only able to offer Transitional Kindergarten Programs at school sites with available space.
The child’s parent/legal guardian must fill out all enrollment forms to apply for TK.
Each of the following items is required in order to complete the registration process:
- Transitional Kindergarten Registration Interactive 2020-21
- Transitional Kindergarten Program Application - Spanish Version
- Transitional Kindergarten Program Application - Russian Version
- Birth Certificate or Passport: Please bring with you to the office. It will be verified and returned to you.
- Immunization Records: Please bring your child’s immunization card into the office for copying. Health Requirements
- Verification of Residency: PG&E, SMUD, Rental/Escrow paperwork only (Other utility bills, checks, driver’s licenses, will not be accepted). This document proves residency and it is vitally important. We are required to make a copy and verify residency each year.
- Custody Papers (if applicable): Please provide us with a court-stamped copy.
- Report Health Examination for School Entry
- Oral Health Assessment
Please return all completed forms and supporting documents to the school office assigned to your home address.
Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year, state-funded Kindergarten experience for students. Research suggests that children greatly benefit from programs that address school readiness and Transitional Kindergarten will provide this opportunity for our students. Frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding California state law relating to TK and Kindergarten: