Ms. Patel's 3rd Grade Supply List 2018-2019 August 9, 2018
The following supplies will be used by your child this year. Please purchase them and send to school with your child by August 20, 2018. The quantity for each item is listed in parentheses:
- Backpack (no rolling bags, please)
- Ear Buds or Headphones for computer use. Please send in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag labeled with your child's name. We do have some at school, but for sanitary purposes, it is usually best for each child to have his or her own pair.
- Large plastic expandable folder - 4 or 5 sections with tabs for labeling. These can be found at Target, Walmart, etc. * Also, please do not send binders to school. They will not fit in our desks.
- Homework Folder (any sturdy kind) -- Please label with your child's name
- Pencil sharpener with receptacle to catch pencil shavings
- Large Glue Sticks - 22 grams or bigger. (2-3) These tend to last longer than the smaller sizes.
- Crayons or Twistables (16-24 pack. Bigger sizes won't fit in our desks)
- Colored pencils (12-24 pack, sharpened)
- Crayola Markers (8-12 count)
- Composition books -- Wide rule (2)
- Pencil Pouch with a zipper. The ones that are clear or canvas work best. The ones with a mesh pocket in the front tend to tear, so we do not recommend those. * Please do not send pencil boxes. Our desks are not big enough to accommodate them. The pencil pouch should fit your child’s crayons, colored pencils, and markers.
We are also asking for a donation of $25.00 (cash or check made payable to Theodore Judah) for materials that we purchase for your child. If you are unable to donate, your child will still receive materials. No child will be excluded.
Time for Kids (weekly current event magazine)
Blank books (for students’ written stories)
Science, Art and Social Studies Materials
Wish List - These are materials we use daily for the entire class. If you would like to donate one or more of the following, that would be wonderful!
Kleenex (my favorite!) Clorox wipes Ziploc bags (sandwich size, quart size) Scotch tape Small toys for our treasure box (party favors, cars, balls, etc.)
I’m also looking for extra toolbox materials that you are not using, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, bolts, screws, washers, etc. (no nails or hammers, please).
PTA gives us money for our classrooms every year as well. We use these funds to purchase extra curriculum, books, art projects, and other materials we need throughout the year. Your participation in PTA helps fund your child’s experience at Theodore Judah. Please participate in their events and fundraisers.
Thank you for helping your child and our classroom!