New Elementary Student
Enrollment and Procedures
Welcome to the Folsom Cordova Unified School District! If you are new to the Folsom Cordova area and have a child entering grades Kindergarten-5th who will be attending our schools for the first time in the 2018-2019 school year, it is essential that you go to your home elementary/neighborhood school school office to complete the "Elementary School Pre-Enrollment Information Sheet." Transitional Kindergarten families may enroll at their TK school.
The child’s parent/legal guardian must fill out the Elementary School Pre-Enrollment Information Sheet:
2019-2020 School Year
For more information regarding Online Registration, please visit our InfoSnap/PowerSchool Registration website:
The following items are required to begin the registration process:
- Birth Certificate or Passport: Please bring with you to the office. It will be verified and returned to you.
- Immunization Records: Please bring your child’s immunization card into the office for copying.
- Custody Papers: If applicable. Please provide us with a court-stamped copy.
- Verification of Residency: PG&E/SMUD and Rental/Escrow paperwork only. Additional forms of acceptable verification are Government Documents, Driver’s License, Voter Registration, Property Taxes, or Pay Stub. Other utility bills, checks, or bank statements will not be accepted. This document proves residency, and it is vitally important. We are required to make a copy and verify residency each year. The registration packet will be returned to the parent if they fail to show proof of residency.
- If you do not have Verification of Residency in your name, an Affidavit of Residency must be completed by the resident whose name is on the SMUD or PG&E utility bill at the time of enrollment. The Resident must provide their utility bill and photo ID at the time of Verification completion at the ESC.
To complete your child's Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten online registration process, we also need the following documents:
- Completed Transitional Kindergarten Application
- Report of Health Examination for School Entry: This is valid for six months before Kindergarten through the third month after 1st grade begins. If your doctor performs a physical before entry into Kindergarten, please have this form completed and returned to the school. It will be kept in your child's file and will meet requirements for entry into the 1st grade.
- Oral Health Assessment: This form is only needed for incoming Transitional Kindergarteners, Kindergarteners, and 1st Graders. Please have your child's dentist complete the form and return to school by the end of your child's first year of public school.
Please return all completed forms and supporting documents to the home elementary/neighborhood school office.
We are looking forward to welcoming and meeting you!
Folsom Cordova Elementary Staff