Upcoming Assignments/Due Dates
All details/assignment pages are located on Google Classroom.
Please note that dates are subject to change.
NEW UNIT: All For Love
-Literary and Dramatic Terms Quiz (Formative): FRI 4/26/19
-Plot and Characterization Quiz (Formative): FRI 5/3/19
-Text Structure Close Read (Formative): WED 5/8/19
-Chracterization Close Read (Formative): THURS 5/9/19
-Dramatic Irony Close Read (Formative): FRI 5/10/19
-Sonnet Presentation (Formative):
- Introduction to presentation: TUES 5/6/19
- Begin/work on in class: Wed 5/7 - FRI 5/10/19
- DUE/Presenting: MON 5/13/19
-"Veriest Knaves" Close Read (Formative): THURS 5/16/19
-Unit 4 Test (SUMMATIVE): THURS 5/23/19
-District Multiple Choice Test: FRI 5/24/19
-Final Project (Summative):
- Introduce Final Project 5/15/19
- Begin/work on in class: THURS 5/16/19 - WED 5/22/19
- DUE/Presenting: TUES 5/28 - THURS 5/30
Last day of school for freshman is THURS 5/30.
GRADUATION - FRI 5/31/19
Welcome to English 9! I am excited to have you in my class.
English 9 is the mandatory course for 9th grade students at Vista in order to graduate.
Unit One: Leadership - various short stories
Unit Two: Empathy - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Unit Three: Dreams and Aspirations - Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Unit Four: All for Love - Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare
Much of our class information will be found on our Google Classroom OR on Study Sync. Parents - please contact me if you are interested in receiving auto-updates from our Google Classroom.
Welcome to Vista del Lago High School and English 9!
E-mail me: email@example.com
Spring 2019 Schedule
1st Block: English 9 - H-103
2nd Block: English 9 - H-103
3rd Block: English 9 - G-105
4th Block: Prep
MATERIALS: The suggested materials list includes:
- a blue or black pen
- sharpened pencil with eraser
- red pen (not a crayon, marker, pencil, or highlighter) for correcting only
- binder with loose-leaf paper AND 5 dividers,
- workbook if assigned (Not applicable yet),
- school agenda/planner
- Flash Cards - (You can always cut them in half to make them last longer.)
- If you are not able to obtain these items, please contact me IMMEDIATELY!
- Final drafts of writing assignments and reports must be word-processed.