- Visitors must sign in at the office and receive a visitor’s pass on each visit.
- Visitors to campus during instructional time must have an appointment.
- ALL volunteers must be Category 2 approved in order to work in the classroom, attend class parties, and go on field trips.
You must have a Category 2 Volunteer Application approved and have a Livescan done in order to work in the classroom, attend class parties, and go on field trips.
Each year, existing volunteers must visit the office to verify that their volunteer paperwork is up-to-date. Remember, TB test results are good for 4 years. If your TB test has expired, you will need to provide documentation of a recent negative TB test result before you can begin volunteering again at Gold Ridge.
For new volunteers, becoming Category 2 approved takes time, so don't delay. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can begin volunteering at Gold Ridge.
Category 2 Volunteer Applications are available in the office, or you can click on the "Forms & Documents" tab above to download the Category 2 Volunteer paperwork. Be sure to download and complete all 6 pages of the volunteer packet.
Becoming a Category 2 Volunteer is a two step process:
- First, the completed packet must be submitted to the Gold Ridge office with documentation of a negative TB test result that has been done within the past 4 years.
- Then, once your Category 2 Volunteer Application has been approved by the principal, the office staff will guide you through the process of obtaining your Livescan (fingerprint clearance.)
The deadline for applying to become a Category 2 Volunteer is the Friday before Winter Break.