Co-Leaders: Sandy Spaulding/Steve Muzinich
- Mandatory training for all staff entering incidents in Powerschool at start of the school year.
- Record & track victim data
- Enter incident uniformly district wide
- 1st Training Elementary Staff
- 2nd Training Secondary Staff
- 3rd Training Public
4. Establish a protocol for all administrators when dealing with bullying incidents.
Include supporting the bullying target.
5. Create administrative checklist of yearly character building requirements for all schools.
6. Student Conduct Code
7. Work with outside agencies
- Hire Master of Social Work (MSW) to supervise Social Worker Interns from CSU, Sacramento. Pending board approval
8. Create flowchart describing process for Bullying Interventions
- Will be available for staff, students, and parents.
Co-Leaders: Ann Botsford/Canen Peterson
- Define common bullying definition throughout the District, including the website.
- Create a Mission Statement for Character Building & Bullying Prevention.
- Character Development & Bullying Prevention Website
- Designed to assist Students, parents, and Staff members.
4. Collaborate with Folsom Athletic Association and Rancho Cordova Athletic Association to implement the following:
- Character Development training for all coaches
- Character/Ethic contracts for all coaches, players, and parents
- Developed a District Wide Theme Kick Off Week 2015/2016. Activities will vary based on school sites. Theme will be Cool To Be Kind!
- Create a District Wide Focus: Life Skills, depending on the grade level.
- Establish a District Wide Literature focus on Character Education. Assistance from lead teachers & National Board Certificated teachers, Examples:
- Author visits the school sites
- AR Books
- Read Across America Day
4. Implement Character Building into common core lessons. Utilize:
5. Provide training for teachers:
- Training on District adopted Character Education programs such as: Steps to Respect, Second Steps, & PBIS.
- District Lead Teachers & National Board Certificated Teachers present workshops focusing on how to align Character Education & Common Core State Standards to include in lessons on an ongoing basis.
6. Provide training for Administrators:
- Investigating & documentation
- Supporting teachers in teaching Character Education/Bullying Prevention
- Setting up PBIS
7. Character Education - implement curriculum programs in schools:
8. All certificated & classified staff members will receive training on how to identify, intervene & report bullying.
9. Each site will have a PBIS
Team of at least four staff members: administrator, teacher & classified employee.
- Strongly recommend having a student and a parent on the team.
- PBIS Team Members will receive training.
- Funding for one PBIS coach at every school
Co-Leaders: Greg Crannell/Kevin Garmston
- District Wide:
- Cool To Be Kind Week is the theme for 2015/2016
2. Elementary Schools:
3. Middle Schools:
4. High Schools:
- Link Crew at Cordova High, Folsom High, and Vista del Lago
5. Student Unity Program (SUP)
- Cordova High, Folsom High, and Vista del Lago will all implement SUP at the start of 2015/2016 school year.
- All media teachers from middle and high schools along with 70 students will attend a full day training on May 12th to focus on implementation.
6. 5th grade Internet Safety Training by Intel.
- Students will receive Internet Safety/Cyberbullying Training
7. "Check In/Intervention Specialist" person at each site.
- Pending board approval: Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT's) at high school and main feeder middle school for 2015/2016.
- Three days at high school and two days at middle school