OAK CHAN'S 5th ANNUAL
SCIENCE & INVENTION FAIR
January 19th, 2017
We are excited to kick off another great year of projects that will stretch our imaginations and develop our talents!
• Participants are eligible from 3rd–5th grade (i.e. individuals and groups of 2 only); Each eligible grade has seen the following:
(PLEASE go through before assisting your student).
• There will be two optional help sessions:
- For topic/question development, Monday, November 7th, at 2:45 on the Stage in the Multi
- For help with project, Monday, January 9th, at 2:45 in Room D
• Each Participant will earn a Level 1, 2 or 3 award. A report and a display board must be included for a Level 1 award.
• Registration forms went home in Wednesday Folders on November 2nd and are DUE BACK TO CLASSROOMS on Thursday, November 10th.
• Registration info and topics will be reviewed by the S&I Fair Committee, and may need to be revised to ensure a successful experience. Once the registration has been reviewed and approved, an email will be sent along with a copy of the project guidelines for your child(ren) to begin their project plans. Please read use these guidelines to plan and carry out your projects:
PLEASE WAIT FOR APPROVAL BEFORE BEGINNING PROJECT. NOTE: Projects are to be done at home.
• Projects will be reviewed by our Reviewers during the school day of our S&I Fair event on January 19th. ALL PROJECTS ARE DUE THAT MORNING AT 8 AM, or can be set up after school the day before on January 18th.
• Projects will be open for public demonstrations/viewing from 6-7:30 p.m. on the evening of January 19th. Awards will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
HELP SESSION #1
November 7th at 2:45 pm up on Stage in Multi; Topic/Question Development
November 10th, by 3 pm; Turn into Teacher/Classrooms
HELP SESSION #2
January 9th at 2:45 pm in Room D; Project Assistance
After school on January 18th or by 8 am on January 19th; Projects will go up on the Stage of the Multi
S&I FAIR SCHEDULE
REVIEWING | 8:30 am- 2:30 pm; Reviewers Only
PUBLIC DISPLAY | 6-7:30 pm; Open to all the public
AWARDS | 6:30 pm
CLASSROOM WALK-THROUGHS | At teacher's discretion
TAKE PROJECTS HOME | Immediately after school
We're very excited to see each of the S&I Fair Participants explore the world around them and share their talents with all of us!